Jude was 8 months yesterday. It is amazing to me how quickly the time has gone. When I look back and see how much he has accomplished in the last two months, it is no wonder that the time has flown by.
Jude came to us only rolling over one way and he refused to put any weight on his legs. He now is sitting on his own, rolling to get anything he wants and is working on crawling. He has also sprouted 3 almost 4 teeth. He is sleeping much better now but not quite all the way through. He has come so far. I think attachment is coming along as well. He looks for me when I leave the room and is full of smiles when I return. He also give his daddy a huge welcome every evening after work. The big kids are huge helps and love Jude dearly. They do get a little tired of all the attention Jude gets from people (especially strangers) when we go places but over all they have grown well into their new roles.
I have to say that the last few weeks have made my head spin. We home school so classes had to resume shortly after we got home from Ethiopia. It has been a challenge to care for a teething baby and teach double digit by double digit multiplication. I think I have finally gotten most of the kinks out our schedule to help that go a little more smoothly.
My involvement outside my home has been limited. I usually have no idea what the date is and I know that I have dropped the ball several times on things that I am responsible. I am though finding myself thinking about my other passions again. I see this as a good sign that things are beginning run better. So if you have been on the receiving end of a ball I have dropped I am sorry. I think I see a light coming at the end of the tunnel. I actually had a day to regroup this past week. Some friends took Noah and Lily for the day and then I was able to go to dinner with a girl friend in the evening. It was such a nice break.
I thought I loved Jude when I first saw his picture. I thought I loved him when I first picked him up from the car seat at BeJoe. I stand in awe of God, who puts children in families, when I see Jude's joy when he sees me enter the room. My heart melts all over again.
2 comments:
Glad to hear things are starting to run smoother, you have been in my thoughts a lot! We think we are getting close to our referral time, we'll let you know when that time comes! LOVE seeing new pic's and hearing about how your family is doing, thanks for your update!! Love Brenda
So cool to hear how you guys are doing! Glad to hear things are going well!
Post a Comment