I have made a few changes in our homeschool routine for second semester. I really want to establish a love of reading into my kids. Lily is reading pretty well for her age and Noah reads really well but has not developed the love that I really want him to have. We have been reading a lot of historical fiction both me reading to him and the reading that he does on his own. The boy is just not getting into historical fiction. So we have switch the way we do history and now we are reading for the joy of reading. This has now become the obsession in our house:

We have read 8 chapters in the last 2 days. And they (yes, they, Lily has been attentive through all 8 chapters) want more. I know it may not last through all eight books but for now I could not be more thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment