Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RED LETTERS and deep thoughts


So I read "Scared" by Tom Davis a few weeks ago. After I read it, I remembered that I had started to read another one of his books, "Red Letters: Living a Faith that Bleeds", and never finished it.

So I ventured out to read it again. I flew through the first four chapters and then I came a screaching halt... again.

I struggle with reading about all the injustice and the lack of response the church has given.

Knowing that he is dead on about God's heart for the ones who can not care for themselves.

The thing that gets me the most is that my natural inclination is to get stuck, just like the church as a whole. I struggle to even finish the book much less take action.

Why is this how I respond? I know it is God's heart.

Prayer needs to be my first action.

How does God want to use me and my family?

Adoption is definitely God's heart in action.

But I feel that we are on the receiving end of that blessing, with the gift of a precious child.

I don't know.

Praying.

3 comments:

Sara said...

You are making those in your circle aware. You are bringing to light things that they may have never thought of or knew was happening. Two families in our circle have started adoption journeys of their own after we began ours. I think God uses us to help open the eyes of others. I know we can do more though and pray that God will make me aware of how and what.

Tanya said...

I am in complete agreement with Sara. Eyes are being opened as we take steps to obey God's leading throughout this whole adoption process. People are watching and seeds are being planted just by our simple act of becoming APs. God is working through you and you may never even know how much! Cool, huh!? But it's good for us to continue to ask...."What more can we do for your Kingdom, Lord?" Glad to be traveling this journey with you and other believers! Blessings!

Cherie said...

I finished reading Scared yesterday - thank you for sharing that with me. I hope to read some of the other books you've mentioned as well. I started a book discussion on a forum I belong to -- but realize it's a hard subject to discuss. I know for myself, I felt guilt for the incredible wealth I have...I am praying for how God would have me respond.