Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scared



















I completely could not put Scared down. I have had a heart for the orphans in Africa for many years. I know the statics. They are huge. So many children so much need. I have heard so much about the big picture ideas. This book takes it down to a personal level and tells how American photographer and african child meet and lives are changed. I read it all in one day. It was just so captivating.

It is not a fluffy book. I cried at the injustices that occur. I also rejoiced at the love and beauty that is also included. Tom Davis is not just writing about injustice but is a huge advocate for orphans around the world. He is the CEO of Children's Hopechest.

Check it out.

Right now they are even offering a free download of the book if you email three friends about it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just bought it tonight. Along with a new Veggie Tales. :-)