I see a dark skinned little arm laid on top of mine.
I see no face.
I have no idea of the gender.
Just the sweet sight of their beautiful skin on mine.
I have a long wait ahead.
I find myself wondering through stores looking at baby stuff. Man, there have been many changes since my six year old was little.
Looking at and feeling the soft fabric of baby clothes.
I try not to allow myself to daydream too often.
Are all these feeling coming too soon?
3 comments:
It's never too early to dream, prepare, hope....as long as you remember how unpredictable this process is and stay in a "cautiously optimistic" state of mind. Praying for you as you wait and dream, and I hope your roller coaster ride is smooth---without too many highs & lows. It WILL happen! Just on God's timing!
I'm glad you can dream and are dreaming. Enjoy these moments that God has given to you, my friend.
I love it, Gail.
Though, it's always scary to make yourself vulnerable to the potential of pain, but I think this way is better. Still a little scary, but so exciting, too. Lots of prayers to the one who's both the Father of us and the little Ethiopian...
Keep dreaming, babe. Otherwise the work of adoption will kill the miracle of it all.
Post a Comment