We started Thanksgiving Wednesday evening with Darrel's family. Always a good time.
With our referral hopefully coming soon, we have been asked several times if we have names picked out. We do, sort of. We are pretty solid on a boy's name, though we are waiting to hear what his Ethiopian name is to decide whether our name will be his first name or his middle name. A name for a girl is still being discussed. We would like to announce the referral with their name. I know, we need to on that. :)
Anyway, after dinner on the Voth side, we discussed names. Man, all I can say is that when you get all the Voth's together with all their creative juices flowing, it becomes pure hilarity. Do not worry none of the names discussed will ever be used but it made for a great evening.
Yesterday, we spent the day with my parents. Our big event isn't until Sunday but we spent the most of the day together, anyway. They even allowed Darrel and I to sneak away for a few hours to see a movie I have been dying to see, The Blind Side. It was really good, even if you don't like football.
The only bad part of the last few days has been that both Darrel and I have had colds. That did not stop him from getting up at 2:00 am to hit the black friday sales. Man, I love him. He was back by 6:30 with a few major successes.
There are so many things to be thankful for. God has blessed us with so much that it would take pages if I wrote it all out. The thing that I am most grateful for is that I am a child of God. That God, before the beginning of time, predestined me to be adopted through Jesus Christ. (ephesians 1:5) Such an amazing gift.
Tomorrow, we are off to celebrate with friends and a bunch of international students.
Can't wait.
Hope your weekend has been a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment