Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dream comes true

Well, little Jude, who was sleeping through the night for someone else in Ethiopia, is doing anything but here at home.

He is up a lot at night, not for very long, just often.

Somedays, he isn't a big fan of napping either.

For the last ten days or so, he has also taken to screaming at me when he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

Let's just say it has been a little rough.

Yesterday, when I laid Jude down for a nap he was very upset, so I laid down on the bed and patted him. He reached over the side of his co-sleeper and grabbed my arm.

I just laid there and cried. Happy tears.

Before we got our referral, I had a dream.

A dream of a little brown hand laying on my forearm; no face, no arm, just a hand.

Why the tears? It was Jude's hand, in that exact position.

I felt such a wave of encouragement.

A reminder of who put him in that co-sleeper.

Thanks Dad.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Your encouragement encouraged me! We are having all kids of sleep issues over here as well. It's good to know I'm not alone in this :)

:D- said...

Just when you think God can't get ANY cooler, He goes and does stuff like that. He loves you so much, Gail.

Momma H said...

I love when God gives us these little glimpses into His heart for us, and then all of a sudden it's there in real time, real life. Like a divine underline of a moment. And yeah...definitely a "thanks Dad" moment.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Gayla said...

THE SWEETEST!!! Love the dream come true... gorgeous.