Easter is always one of our favorite times of the year. We usually celebrate passover the Thursday before and then spend time with family and friends on the weekend. This year things were a little different. First, our church decided to do a Children's Easter program this year instead of a Christmas one. It was on Palm Sunday night. Both Noah and Lily had singing parts and we came home 3 days before dress rehearsal and they both did wonderful. It was a great program and hopefully something our church will continue.
Lily sang her first solo. I am so proud of her, not just because of her sweet singing voice which she will proudly say comes from her dad's side, (it's so the truth!) but because last year she was dealing with stage fright even to sing in a choir. This year she tried out by herself, practiced by herself because we were in Ethiopia during most of the final practices, and sang beautifully at the program. She's six and she sang with confidence in front of probably 500+ people. Her growth makes me so proud.
We decided not to celebrate passover this year because it takes time to prepare for and to be honest we didn't really have the energy. I almost didn't go to church because crowds kinda make Jude funky. We had family stuff both Saturday and Sunday and we didn't want to overwhelm him. I went to the worship part of the service and then listened to the sermon from the nursing mother's room. It is quiet there with just a few mother's coming and going, a perfect place for Jude and I to hang out during church.
So Easter was different. The thing that was so incredibly obvious to me this year was the price that was paid for my adoption. I'm not talking about Jude but me. Christ's death was the payment so that I could be a child of the Father. What an incredible cost and I am truly grateful.
3 comments:
Beautiful photos of your kids!
I'd have loved to prepare and invited you for Passover..but didn't for many of the reasons you posted here. Maybe next year?
I do want to make you a Passover cake in a few months when you're all ready to come over for a family game night.
I loved watching your kids during the program and have a couple photos I'll have to share with you. The nursing mothers' room is a perfect spot to listen, isn't it? You are welcome there as often as needed!
amen sister!
praise God for our adoption into His family!
Post a Comment