Paige at www.fly2hisheart.blogspot.com gave me this beautiful necklace after we returned home from Ethiopia. She taking custom orders to raise money to bring their little girl home from Peru. I love it and have worn it almost daily since she gave it to me.
Now if you know me away from blogland you probably know that I have a tendency to go deep in my thoughts. So the night that Paige gave me this beautiful necklace, I was kept awake in deep thought. To be honest, I felt guilty about wearing a necklace with the word Anat on it. See anat is Amharic for mother. I was mourning something I thought Jude would never have. See he will never call someone "Anat". His anat died shortly after his birth. It really hit me how much Jude has lost in his short life. God reminded me that night that He uses adoption to redeem circumstances in this fallen world. Jude may never call me Anat, but God chose Jude to be my son and me to be his mother. So when I now wear the necklace it reminds me of redemption and it is even more beautiful.
Thanks Paige.
2 comments:
I've had similar feelings through this process as well.
I think you're totally right, Gail, there is a mixture of joy and mourning in adoption, but that in the end, redemption triumphs.
Sometimes something tangible like a necklace helps us to process things like this. So Paige, and everyone else who has done countless other tangible things like this, thank you for your gifts, questions, listening ears, etc, etc, etc.
And thank you Jesus for your unending love that you rain on us in so many different ways.
BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment