I am not big on gifts.
My love language is time. So on most occasions that a gift is the norm, Darrel will take me out or allow some special time for us together or as a family. This year, the kids were buzzing about "the gift." They really didn't want me to check the mail but come on, I was expecting the I-171h. So my 9 and 5 year old allowed me to get the mail as long as I didn't open "the package." Secrets were all around last week, pieces of papers that I couldn't open.
As I was getting ready for church, the crew came into the bathroom with a little box, a king size package reese peanut butter cups and a handmade card.
It was very precious.
I love Mother's day when I am "expecting" and yesterday was no exception. We dedicated "babies" in church as well. I cried through most of the dedication and worship. Children, God had woven together and placed in families both biological and adopted. It was beautiful.
I also prayed for our baby's mother. Our child is conceived if not already born. We have hope in Africa but she is facing great challenges right now. So this is the first mother's day that I share with another woman. A woman I may never know but one that will give me a gift that I will cherish forever.
2 comments:
Touched my soul. Tears.
Debby
Even though we're not quite officially paper pregnant, it's just right around the corner. And this Mother's Day is definitely something significant.
I was telling the kids yesterday about their mom and how so very hard she worked for them before they were born. Research, reading, getting sick, changing her diet and exercise, planning, preparing, praying, bed-rest, appointments, doing anything necessary to give them the best start possible... this one has been no exception.
* * Our babies will never really know or see or understand what you've done for them, Gail, so accept my thanks on their behalf. * *
Gail can grow the most beautiful round belly for our babies, a glory the little Hope for Africa necklace can't even begin to match, but there's something so much more significant happening right now.
We've been praying for the mom, the baby, the dad, the family... only God knows what the situation is and only He can offer hope. In His sovereignty, He's given this one child hope right now, a hope he/she won't understand fully for a very long time.
But it's one child. Countless others will follow. Each one in need of hope and each one so deeply, painfully loved by their Father.
But the world's hope begins one baby, one well, one Bible, one connection at a time. Starting ever so humble and insignificant, growing and multiplying every day. An unseen power is at work, a never-ending crescendo as the Father daily choses His family from every tribe and language and suburb and dark corner.
One day - sooner and sooner if we'll help speed its coming - we'll all be together and all will be made right.
For right now, my kids' mom is helping to make something good for our next child. God bless you, Gail. Thanks & I love you.
Post a Comment