Saturday, May 16, 2009

God's goodness- Dossier Complete

May 15 was the date that I scribbled down on a scratch piece of paper back in February. I thought if everything goes well, we could be on the waitlist on May 15.  Well, we did not quite make waitlist but our dossier is finished, authenticated and is being sent to DC and then on Ethiopia.  

We just need the  email from Gladney that we are on the waitlist to make it official.

There were many times during the last three and a half months that I questioned whether or not we could be here this soon.  I really doubted during the CIS mix up. I doubted Thursday when I was told we were still waiting on a couple of documents that would probably take a few more days.

I am thanking the Father for His goodness. Does it really matter that we are complete on the day I was working so hard to be finished by? Not in the big picture of bringing our baby home.  It does matter to me in documenting what God is doing.  It is such an encouragement to me.  I think He just wanted to show me that He could do it even when I could not. God is in control. Even though the paperchase was the part of the adoption I thought I could control, I can not control CIS or the authentication process.  He is good and I am thanking Him for the reminder as we go into this next long stretch of waiting. We are so so very close to waiting. 

2 comments:

:D- said...

Yep. Very exciting!
We've got a Good Dad.

Anonymous said...

I really can hardly believe you are soooo close to the wait list! my heart is soooo full as i see our good dad (as your hubby says...) bring about his plan, for his purpose and for his glory!