
First of all, if you don't already know, I am a big fan of this man, Andrew Peterson. His songs have touched my heart in so many ways and he has forever changed Christmas in our home with his album, Behold the Lamb. He has recorded nine other albums as well. He has such a gift with words.

He branched out a few years ago and began writing a series of fiction books called the Wingfeather Saga. Darrel bought the first book, On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, at the Andrew Peterson concert our church had for Jim's farewell and we were blessed with a advance copy of the second, North! or Be Eaten.
Let me tell you that I loved these books. I read them both in the same week. They are a great ride. I fell in love with the family: the boys and their naughtiness, the strength of their grandfather, Podo and the sweetness of Leeli. The great adventures Andrew Peterson took me on were amazing. The books are written for middle school and older children but he had my attention through both adventures. I was so involved, that at times Darrel made me jump when he walked in the room while I was reading.
In North! or Be Eaten, the Igiby family face fearsome toothy cows, horned hounds, the fangs, rockroaches and other villians. They cross Fingap Falls, Stony Mountains, and Ice Prairies all to protect the Jewels Anniera. It is all about family and the importance of putting others before yourself.
I can not wait until Book 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment