
Most days this is the smile i see on my Lily Beans face but not today.
Today, this is what I see. Today, she and I spent hours together watching Nick ( i think that may have been her favorite part that or the blue poweraid slush she got on the way home from the surgery center.) Today, Lily had her tonsils out. She was very brave and only fought when she was coming to in recovery. They had numbed her palette and she was sure something was in her mouth and she was going to get rid of it no matter what the rest of us said. But with a little time, (and the help of cartoons and some more pain meds) we settled down for cuddles in a recovery room for a few hours.
She is doing great: drinking and resting just like the dr. ordered.
Thank you to everyone that prayed for her. Keep praying that we can all get some sleep tonight.
2 comments:
Oh Gail, I'm pretty sure you made a great decision to get her tonsils out NOW...I was 18 when I got mine out and it was REALLY rough...not to mention ALL the sore throuts I had over the years before that! My parents wished they had done it sooner! Praying for a quick recovery!
:) Take care, Lily and family. Get well soon!
Post a Comment