Patience has never been a gift that I have had. I usually like to jump into things and see how they pan out. My husband on the other hand is a thinker and planner. Well, this adoption process has been stretching both of us. We waited until we were sure that this is what we are suppose to do and then we jumped. The paperwork is sitting waiting for others to do what they need to do before we can proceed to the waiting list. I have heard that the waiting is difficult. You depend on averages and "normal" to get you through to the next step but with international adoption there is no normal. I have spent a good amount of time reading other peoples blogs and for reason out of there control, things in Ethiopia don't go average or normal. So we trust that Our Father in heaven who created the moon and stars, will control this adoption: his timing and His picking of our child.
Psalm 68:5-6
A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing, but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
1 comment:
I found this definition of "waiting" while we were waiting for Anna...
"to look forward with expectation".
That's good stuff.
Praising God that you are finally waiting!
Post a Comment