
Since we have had a heart for African orphans for several years, this book has been recommended to me by several people. I have looked at it and thought, "there is no way I have time to read a book that is over 400 pages." With our decision to step out in faith and adopt from Ethiopia, this book kept coming to my mind. I really need to read it. So yesterday I took Noah and Lily to the library and I checked it out. Thinking there is no way I can read this thick of a book in three weeks. It is just going to sit and I will end up paying last fees for it. I started reading while the the kids were playing computer games at the library. I have read half of it the last 24 hours. It is so well written and it balances the culture and history of Ethiopia with the true story of a dear woman. Greene also weaves in facts and theories about HIV/AID and the drugs that can save lives. I have laughed and cried. I have felt anger and sorrow.
This book is making me think. Who is going to care for these children? Who is going to care for their basic needs, not even take them to dance or soccer? Every child should have someone to love them. I know this isn't going to happen but it doesn't mean they weren't created to be loved. Each one, is loved by our creator, our heavenly Father. More needs to be done here on earth by His hands and feet. Not sure what all of that looks like, but it needs to be done.
1 comment:
yeah. you can't NOT do anything after reading that book!!
yay for more things ck'd off the list!! :-)
btw, this is pam...not big E.
Post a Comment