Ok, it is not that I have been sitting around eating bon bons for the last three weeks. I've been making myself do paperwork. I really do not like paperwork. Especially paperwork that has to be done "perfectly". I don't like spending hours speaking to different government employees trying to find out how many speeding tickets Darrel and I have. NO, we are not as fortunate as some people who have never had a speeding ticket. But I am frantically obsessing over all the information that is needed to bring our newest member home. I know that this time is the only time that I have any control over in this adoption. So, I am up to ears in it. I think Tami cringes every time her phone tells her that I am calling. No longer are our talks in the morning over what did you last night but more of: How do I get this paperwork and did you have to do this? So thank you my dear friend for keeping me semi-sane through this process.
The prep work is almost complete. We should be scheduling our homestudy soon. (when we get Darrel's speeding ticket record from CO) Just a few more pieces of paper for Gladney, our agency and then finishing up the dossier for Ethiopia. Now no one get excited. I am expecting this phase to last probably another 6 or 8 weeks.
Then we wait for a referral and then court. So the newest Voth will not be home until 2010 sometime but we have to check things off, which is what I have been doing the last 3 weeks.
2 comments:
i don't cringe!
i owe you ;)
you saw me through THREE adoptions/dossiers/homestudies! good grief - it's the least i can do!
i love you!
And Gail, you're doing an absolutely amazing job!! Thank you so much. And, btw, I have legitimate reasons for all three citations in CO. Really. But no matter. I love you babe! You're da BOMB :-)
Post a Comment