Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Grace

I feel like I got my first non-supportive comment today. Of course, it was by someone who does not know us well. They do not know that we have been dreaming of adopting a child from Africa even before we had biological children. They do not know that God has planted in our hearts a love for a child long ago and has now allowed to it grow and become a reality.  I know that they just don't know. 

I was lucky my first not so supportive comment was not a face to face encounter or I may have been the one who would have been in the wrong. So tonight I am praying for grace. Grace to handle people who don't get it, yet.  I need to practice it now so that when it arises again and it will, I can be an example to all of my children.

3 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Yes, that happens. But when you know God has led you there, you know it is right.

And you are right...some people do not get it. But then, there are some things I don't get either. We are all in process.

Tanya said...

Good to remember. It's bound to happen. Chalking it up to "ignorance" and not knowing any better rather than letting it "urk" you is the best way to go! "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do." If/when it happens to us, I, too, need to remember GRACE! "Persecution" is bound to come. It's part of our narrow road!

Cherie said...

2 Corinthians 9:8-9