We, as a family, made our second annual trek to Nomads this past weekend. Nomads is sponsored by Heart of God Ministries in OKC. They dedicate a weekend to spending time with Jesus on behalf of the unreached peoples of the world. They want to bring Jesus to the peoples of the world who do not have an existing Jesus following church and help that culture follow Jesus, biblically within their cultural context.
It is held outdoors and we sleep in tents and use port-a-potties, no showers unless it rains, but it is such a sweet time of fellowship with the Lord and others. This years theme was love.
"If I speak with human eloquence or angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but a creaky gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all of his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain "jump", and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love. I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I am bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthian 13:1-3. (message)
What a convicting passage.
Am I loving others?
Is my motivation love or something else?
Am I loving my neighbor?
Am I loving the orphans, the widows and the aliens?
Is it out of guilt, is it trying to pay Christ back for dying for my sins?
Or is it out of love? A Love that comes from the Father, out of compassion for His beloved.
Question that I was left asking myself.
Romans 10:12-15
"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him who they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things?'"


2 comments:
Amen! Thanks for sharing.
Love the feet photo. :)
Hello, I'm April and we are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. We sent our last document to Kate and were waiting on it to get back from the authentication process and we will be on the waitlist. It sounds like you will be on the waitlist soon.Check our blog out and let's keep in touch.
God Bless!!!
Post a Comment