
Our first stop this weekend was the at the Queen of Sheba Restaurant in Oklahoma City. It was amazing. It was our first real exposure to Ethiopian culture. We were seated by the owner Mimi, who is Ethiopian herself. We had no idea what to order but Mimi walked us through it and we decided to order the variety plate pictured above. The food was so good. Noah like the lamb and the potatoes and Lily like the chicken and the salad. They did so well eating with the injera and their hands. Oh, and the coffee terrific. We went about 1:00 so they weren't real busy and Mimi took the time to explain some culture things to us. It was such a great experience. So glad we made the extra stop.
4 comments:
That looks SUPER-yummy! I am so glad you found an Ethiopian place with such a helpful Mimi :)
I'd go there anytime and recommend it to anyone. It was a very fun experience.
I was very excited too that our kids enjoyed the food and had a good time.
How fun! We live in Nashville, but my sister lives in OKC. I hear lots of good things about it! I hope I can check it out next time I visit. Good luck with finishing up your paperwork!
Awesome! We'll keep that one in mind for the next OK City road trip.
Post a Comment