Saturday, December 12, 2009

"The Call"

around 10:15 on Dec 11th

Ok, I have to start by saying that I thought I had when "the" call would come all figured out and I was completely wrong. lol! By looking at the lists I figured that the majority of calls come Tues., Wed., Thurs. and in the afternoon. So needless to say I was shocked.

We are staying at our friend's house this weekend, hanging out with their five kids while they went to Florida. I was sitting at the kitchen counter reading an article on the surviving the wait and talking to our friend's 13 year old daughter. They live in the country where cell phone coverage is nonexistent. It is Friday, the call isn't coming. My phone rang which was a shock in itself but then appeared the wanted 817 prefix for Fort Worth where Gladney is located. I can not hear Sara at all. I tried to call the number on caller ID but it would not go through. I waited thinking she had called Darrel. Ten minutes past and no call from Darrel. I call him and he said he did not get a call. I get Sara's number from him and call her asking if she had called. She answered yes and she had a referral for us.

Darrel works 45 minutes away from our friend's. I thought I waited pretty calmly but Ash, our 13 year old friend, said I was pacing. Darrel's entire office was excited and screaming as he left to come home. Let's just say that was a very long 45 minutes. Darrel called his parents. I tried to call mine but they weren't home. I tried to call my friend but they hadn't landed in Florida, yet. As soon as he came in the door, we snagged our kids and called Sara back. She told us his name and emailed the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. He is amazing and healthy. She then proceeded to tell us his story and the sad events that led up to us receiving this long awaited moment, I cried. We are receiving this beautiful gift but there is another family mourning. His name means "God's will" and we so honored to be chosen to be his parents.

Thank you, Jesus.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! Congratulations!

I love the meaning of his name. Can't wait to see pictures!

Eryn said...

Love your story! Thank You, Jesus, is so right!

I had made the same conclusions as you about when "the calls" would come (t-th afternoons)...Now, I guess we know it can come ANYTIME. When it's God's time. Praise God...so happy for you and your baby boy!

Journey to Jaden said...

I couldnt be more excited for your family and please keep me in the loop as to when you get a court date. God is great!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Praying for a speedy court date, so he can be home soon.. What a great "CALL" story!

God Bless Your Sweet Family!

:D- said...

Yep. Overwhelming.
I couldn't think straight, I'm still not quite focusing on much, all I want to do is stare at the pictures.

But you said it, Gail ... I don't know how to process the family's tragedy that's brought us this joy. But at the same time, we are aware of their pain, even though I have no idea how to identify with them.

That's the confusing part. But the part that's laser clear is that "honor" is definitely the right word. We've been honored/blessed by God and it's our honor and blessing to get an up-close look at Jesus' extravagant love as he sought this one little sheep and is actively, awesomely redeeming little Jude's circumstances.

Thank you Jesus indeed.

AprilM said...

I'm so happy for you guys....I have it all played out in my mind also on when we'll get the call...I told someone the other day that the call will come when I least expect it.....Congrats again and speedy court date....Hope and pray we'll be right behind you....God Bless......

Lindsay said...

well that's just stinking awesome.

Unknown said...

WAHOO!!!! So excited for you!

Maribeth said...

Oh, Gail, I am so happy for you! I can't believe that I'm so late getting in on your exciting news. Congratulations. Hoping for a quick court date for you.

Rebecca said...

congratulations! how wonderful! we're traveling in mid january so email and let me know if you'd like us to take pictures and/or bring a care package.

colin.rebecca@gmail.com