I just check my blog tracker and there are a lot you out there right now, all waiting to hear the news that we are waiting on.
So I am going to be honest, the last four days have been really hard.
When people have asked how the wait is going I have always answered them, "fine but ask me when I have been waiting seven months."
Well, that will be Tuesday.
I wake up thinking that today the phone could ring and I am full of excitement but my heart sinks at about 4:30 when I know she isn't going to call.
I am completely distracted from my life and it has been hard to get into the Christmas spirit when all I want is the phone to ring. I want the referral and then I will celebrate Christmas.
I am trying to keep perspective. You know, I tell myself truths.
* I have only waited 7 months and our name is already at the top of the list. Others have waited much longer than you.
* The call will come, and will come soon. :)
* God has control over this even if I do not.
(Honesty here again, I have felt like a toddler wanting candy, right now! and being told to wait. I've stomped my emotional feet and pouted.)
*We have experienced a very smooth adoption process so far, be thankful for the things that have gone quickly.
* I remind myself that God has brought us this far, and has done many incredible things along the way. He will complete what he has started, in His timing.
So we wait. I am praying for a better attitude whether the referral comes tomorrow or not.
Thanks for checking in.
11 comments:
Oh no! So you can see that I'm checking your blog a thousand times a day? ha!
You're so close! Also, I've heard of families getting their call into the early evening. The day isn't over at 4:30pm. :)
Happy Friday!
Hang in there! I understand the "sinking" feeling at 4:30. The worst is Friday at 4:30, because there is the weekend!I have never in my life hated weekends, until now! LOL!!
Blessings
It is so hard! Hang in there!
This time is really hard. Praying for you. Love, J
I check it at least 5 times a day, okay, maybe more. Glad I'm not alone. Billy
Still praying for peace to bathe your soul.
I'm right there with you....I'm just waiting for that phone to ring...And at a certain time of the evening, I said well it's too late...Maybe tomorrow.....
I'm praying for us TODAY!!!!!
Here is an interesting perspective on waiting: http://www.togetherforadoption.org/?p=1909
We're praying with you!!!
Gail and Darrel. . . SO God puts patience in your heart and then he rewards you with a CALL. Amazing how much "Like" a pregnancy. . . you know those final days when your womb is FULL and the muscles that support it TIRED and you wonder HOW you can wait any longer? WE ARE PRAYING FERVENTLY FOR YOU AS YOU COME TOGETHER RIGHT NOW FOR THE MESSAGE! LOVE FROM THE ADVANCEMENT OFFICE where NONE of us can focus on WORK!!
Gail, this could have been posted on my blog :)
I feel the same exact way, and I appreciate your honesty. I keep reminding myself that God has brought us over every hurdle and every step this far. It is no doubt his plan. This timing thing has got to be His also. HE HAS GOT THIS. He is big, He has a plan. :)salsoly
Now is the time to practice. Practice the "We Got Our Referral Dance." Because it's coming. It's coming really really soon, and you want to be ready to dance. So dance today and if need be all weekend with your family in preparation of the celebration that is coming your way.
I'm sending as many good thoughts to you right now as my overpacked brain can possibly send. I hope you can feel it!
Post a Comment