I don't know how you play games but I help little ones with strategy but I never throw a game.
My grandmother was a fierce player of games. Always a good sport but very competitive. I remember the pride I felt when I beat her. You knew that you really won. She required good sportsmanship and rule following.
Noah is really into playing games, all kinds: card, board, video, computer, it doesn't matter.
He is at the age where he knows he can beat me if he tries and maybe gets a little lucky.
I love seeing the pride on his face when he wins.
And the control he exhibits when he doesn't.
It so brings back the memories.
2 comments:
My grandma was a great game player too. She was such a stickler for the rules, but when her dementia became really bad, she was a CHEATER! It was so funny to see the switch and such a wonderful way to deal with such a horrible disease. Thank the Lord for memories, and for games.
Grandma was a great lady.
That post made me feel all warm inside. :)
Post a Comment