Interesting twist to the whole name thing:
He/she will already have one.
Darrel and I put a lot thought into the names of our other two children and their names reflect where we were in our lives when they were born.
Names are significant to the Ethiopian culture, so the birth family (if the name was given by them) will have chosen it for a reason.
We will definitely incorporate their Ethiopian name somehow.
I am beginning to see this as just one small part of the sharing that is done when you adopt.
Something I had not thought about before.
1 comment:
Hey- I just read your sweet post about your hubby. Praise the Lord for bringing you 2 together. In keeping with the -it's all about His grace- theme- If you adopt a girl- Karis would be a great name- means grace- =0) Just trying to help out =0) Love you guys- thanks for praying for me in church this morning- Gail I wish I could be singing with you- I loved that Mighty to Save song- and I just wish we all would have been singing with the same movement as the Nigerian church Friday night =0) No one even cares what the other person is doing- they are just delighted to be in God's presence and they express it so beautifully- I will try to remember the Tutan Wada (sp) church. See you before I go?
Post a Comment