Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sweet 16

Tomorrow, June 12th Darrel's and I will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary.  Wow, I can not believe it has been 16 years until I look at pictures like the ones below and think, man we were young. We were high school sweethearts and were married at the age of nineteen.  

I get asked a lot when people find out we got married so young whether I regret it.

Frankly, I don't.

Would I want to live in the 500 square ft apartment we lived in for the first 18 months again? No. 

Do I want to relive the eight years it took us to get through college? No. (oh, neither one of us is a dr. Just in case, you were wondering. It just took us that long to finish our bachelor degrees.)

But I count it a huge blessing to grow up with my best friend.

The many jeep rides with the top down, the move to CO, Nigeria, the birth of our children, hearts moved toward the unreached and the decision to adopt baby number 3. 

All of these things I would not have wanted to do with anyone else. Darrel's humor and sense of style make most things an adventure. I love his heart and I would not picked anyone else to share this ride with.

I love you, honey.

The Lord knew what He was doing when He put us together and by His grace we still are.

Thanks Baby for loving me through the thick and thin.




5 comments:

Tanya said...

Congratulations Gail & Darrel! Man, I thought we were young at 21!!! We were also h.s. sweethearts who dated for 4 years before tying the knot. Just celebrated our 15th. So cool for you guys!

Cherie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

:D- said...

Wow, that was beautiful, honey. You're beautiful. You keep me going, you push me forward... I'm so glad to be in this with you.

Eric and Pam said...

awe. :-)

congratulations!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

We were 19 and just 20 (we are 3 months apart). We'd been going together for 4 years, shortly after I came to America. We just knew we were going to be married right from the start. I have not regreted getting married that young either. Although, not without bumps, love him much!!! Wouldn't trade him!! This year we will celebrate 34 years!