Friday, March 12, 2010

24 hours

24 hours from now, our sweet friends will pick us up and drive us 3 1/2 hours to KC.

Yes. It currently is 2:30 am (I have this recurring dream that there is a bag full of things I need for the trip that I can't find and can't remember what's in it, but it is very important!) and they are picking us up around 2:00 am. We have a 8:00 a.m. flight to Dulles, where we will take the day to explore... the airport until our flight to Ethiopia leave Saturday evening. That fight is about 15 hours and we will arrive in Ethiopia at around 7:30 p.m. Addis time. Crazy long day but we sleep and then... we meet Jude Fekadu. Embassy appointments have been changed for this week so we will have the morning as a family and then off to the Embassy. There have been many changes going on this week with Ethiopian adoptions so please pray we don't run into any snags. It will be nice to have the appointment over with so quickly and then we can just enjoy our time there.

We are almost packed. I just need to do one more Walmart run. (we live in a small town with no Target, I know it's sad.) Get a couple loads laundry done and pack some stuff for the kids to do during our marathon days of travel. The same friends that are taking us to the airport are sending little gifts for our kids to open on the plane to pass the time, way too sweet of them.

Well, Darrel is doing much better. We are not sure if the kidney stone has passed or if it is still in his bladder. Would you pray with me that it passes before we get on that long flight? People say that he has been through the worst of it but it would nice to know for sure that it is gone.

It is amazing to think that in three days Jude will be in our arms. It has been a crazy week but God has been sufficient. His grace is more than enough.

I don't know if I will be able to update or not from Ethiopia. I am going to add Darrel's tweets to the sidebar and we are going to try that but we will see.

Thanks again for coming on this journey with us. If you are local and would like to meet us at the airport in Duda, we arrive on Wednesday 24th at 5:30 as a family of 5!

6 comments:

Wienercat said...

Where's Duda? Would love to meet you guys at the airport if you're coming back through KC. - Ryan M

Gail said...

Ok. I was trying to be blog clever.

Duda is Wichita. I thought everyone from around here would get the reference, but clearly I was wrong because you aren't the only one who has asked. :)

The Mathews Family said...

Congrats and safe travels!!!

Anonymous said...

I asked too...thanks for clearing it up ;)

Jenn said...

Praying for you as you travel! Can't wait to see this blog full of pictures of sweet Jude!!

Enjoy Ethiopia...I can't wait to get there!

Jenn

Unknown said...

praying for safe travels! soak it all up!