Noah is going to have to have some major work done on his teeth in the near future. I am having to trust God that He will protect Noah from the pain and fear that I experienced as a child. I so do not want the dentist to become his enemy. I want to protect him from what I have experienced but there is no way to avoid the issues with his teeth. So I am trusting the Lord who is sovereign, trusting that He made us without any mistakes. I am hoping that when we are finished with this whole process that this family will be able to have peace with the dentist. I do not think I will ever have the love of the dentist like Lily but peace would be great.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
The Dentist
The dentist, as long as I can remember, has been enemy number one. I finally conquered my fear of the dentist a little over a year ago. I, now, go for check ups at least annually, which I have not done during the rest of my adult life. Still, it is not my favorite place to go. I have made Darrel take the kids to the dentist for me because I did not want my anxiety to be transfered to them. Well, I think it worked. Lily is thrilled to go to the dentist. She was sad that they wouldn't see her before she was four and when she got to go last year she was elated. This year they found one small cavity that was able to be fixed with sand blasting which I had the honor (if you want to call it that) to take her to this morning. She lay there very still and did exactly what the dentist asked. She got a water color painting book, which so made her day. I just asked her if she still loved going to the dentist and she smiled and said, of course. Like the dentist is the best place on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your children have a piece of my heart - so my heart breaks for Noah and the soon coming dental work. I'll pray for him - and we'd be happy to make him smoothies whenever he'd like one :)
Post a Comment