Monday, September 15, 2008
A Sunday I hope I will never forget
Yesterday, our family and Karis went to visit the Nigerian church in Wichita. The time on the sign on the door was different than the website so we thought we were late but decided that this was the Nigerian church you can't be late, right? In fact, we were early, late for Sunday School. I am so grateful we decided to go in "late". We were all blessed by the experience. I have missed the people of Nigeria. We have met quite a few Africans lately and the their accent was familiar but when we walked in and heard the Sunday School teacher speak, it was like, ahh.. there it is, that is what we remember. It was the loudest church service I have ever been to and there were probably only 50 people in the room. They sang and danced, worshipped our King. The sermon was like six sermons in one but each on the topic of don't give up. The pastor had so many Nigerian manorism that were familiar, it was so fabulous. Noah and Lily went to Sunday School during the service and had a good time. The service started at 10:45 and we ended at 1:30 but I never looked at my phone to see what time it was. Karis told them that she will be heading to Nigeria in January to minister with SIM the Pastor immediately invited her back to speak to the congregation and told a couple to take us to lunch on the church. Nigerian hospitality is so amazing. They give you all that they have. So at 3:45, we were saying goodbye at the Golden Coral. Darrel had a meeting at 4:00 in Newton but it was all good. We are brothers and sisters, not because of Darrel's background or because Karis is going to Nigeria but because we have the same Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment