Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Forbidden City






Today we got to hear about some of China's rich history. The Forbidden City is beautiful but the story is sad. The Emperors built this huge fortress without even trees incase someone would hide in them and attack later. Thousands of concubines and eunichs to serve the emperor with no access to their family or friends. They were surrounded by beauty and riches but they were not happy. It reminded us alot of Esther.


Tami was able to share her adoption story with our guide, Maggie. It has been an amazing opportunity to watch someone process things. So while they talked, I took pictures. A 140 to be exact but I will only share a few.


It was good for us to get out but again a little overwhelming for Abe. He feels safest in the hotel room. We will see what the rest of the week holds.



1 comment:

Mark said...

Great photos, Gail. I can't wait to see the rest. I'm jealous.