
Let me just say that thinking I would escape jetlag was very naive. I was up this morning at about 2:oo am and did not return to sleep until about 5:30 or so. The kids allowed me to sleep to almost ten so the goal is to stay awake until bedtime. I need to go buy some tylenol pm for tonight and maybe I will get a better rest.
My last two days in China were a bit crazy. I don't even remember if I mentioned the acrobat show but it was pretty amazing. I also was honored to see the great wall. It was truly a great work. Although it is sad that untold numbers of people died in the process and they were just buried in the wall. For those amazing race watchers, we saw the locks that they had to unlock. Newly married couples engrave their names on a lock, lock it around the chain and then throw the key off the wall. In order to get a divorce they must find the key and remove the lock. Our guide made sure to tell us that this was a modern tradition made up by the vendors and has no real meaning in the culture. I personally thought it made a really cool picture.

1 comment:
hey, i'm sure we have a stash of melatonin and tylenol pm (i think I accidentally bought 2 bottles and Eric already had 1) in the back of the cabinet if you just want a few nights worth! :-) we're home until about 5:45 if you want to stop by.
Welcome home!
Post a Comment