Sunday, October 19, 2008

A momma's heart

It has been so good to watch Abraham and Tami get to know eachother. He is starting to get upset when she leaves the room which is so cool. It has been hard as a momma, who has a heart for the orphan, to just sit and watch. I know that that is the best thing for them. It is such a helpless feeling to see a sad little boy and know that the best thing for him is for me to sit quietly and let he and his momma figure out their dance. I just did not expect to be this drawn in. Do not get me wrong, I feel very honored to be here and to witness the events of the last few days. It has just hit me deeper in my heart than I had thought it would. It gives me a glimpse of what our Father feels watching the orphan mourn. No wonder He told us to care for them. Wow, what an amazing love He has.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an amazing woman, Gail.
You should listen to that Chris Rice song, That's What A Heart Is Beating For -- "Love isn't love unless someone pays and so with love the only way to gain is give it all away."
It just strikes me with this trip that that's what our Father does and what you're doing and what Tami's doing...
OK, maybe that's a pretty obvious observation, but pretty great stuff to see lived out and to be a part of.
Love you, babe.

Connie J said...

Gail~
Thank you for sharing your heart. It is a very difficult thing to watch a child grieve, but the Father who loves us more than anyone else also gives us the grace to endure. I know you are a vessel of strength for Tami and Abe just being there and lifting them up. Blessings to you!